Title: Re: [AFMUG] VPN issues
Adam,

No NAT, but yes on PPPoE, so smaller MTU.  ONT is already bridged.  Also, this was working fine since June 2020 and all of a sudden stopped working.

--
Best regards,
Mark

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.Myakka.com

------

Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 11:02:30 AM, you wrote:

I don't think the issue can be determined from that.
.....but if both points can reach one another then it's pretty much always NAT/ALG issue, or an MTU issue.
Is there anything that would prevent this end user from sending and receiving 1500 byte packets?  PPPoE?  Tunneling of any sort?  There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but some devices (Sonicwall) don't participate in MTU discovery, or seem to ignore the path MTU.  That isn't "your fault" but you can probably fix it.
NAT stuff is harder to pin down, but for example we had someone who's VPN wouldn't work consistently through NAT on a UFiber Nano ONT, but when we bridged the ONT and moved NAT to a Mikrotik behind it magically everything worked.