Yes they were billed.

--
Best regards,
Mark
mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.Myakka.com

------

So do you bill the customer or his employer?

On 3/22/2021 3:28 PM, Mark - Myakka Technologies wrote:

Re: [AFMUG] VPN issues UPDATE

I couldn't take the whining and crying about the VPN being down.  Remote IT guys 100% sure it is my issue (must be blocking port 443).  Customer 100% I changed something. So, I gathered my testing equipment and headed on out.  Well both IT guy and customer never mentioned that the VPN appliance is connected to their router via a 100' CAT5e cable run on the floor across the house.  They did at least have it tape down in places.  When I tried to connect my notebook using the cable, I got no connection.  Pulled out the old CAT5 tester and only 3 or of 8 lit up.  Replaced the cable and guess what, VPN now working.

--
Best regards,
Mark

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.Myakka.com

------

I'm working a very similar issue right now.  I think I have tracked it down to an issue with a single upstream connection, and it looks like it's doing something with fragmenting/dropping large packets.  Doing a packet capture, it looks like the VPN setup packet is about 2062 bytes in size, and it's not getting to the other end.  ICMP Packets will flow regardless of size (of course fragmenting)  If I route the traffic over any of my other upstreams, it works fine.  I have a ticket open with this upstream, but getting them to understand what the issue is has been cumbersome.