Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021
From: "Josh Baird" <joshba...@gmail.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Splicer purchase

Jared,

Any specific brands/models we should be looking for?
Thanks!

Josh

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 7:16 AM <fiber...@mail.com[mailto:fiber...@mail.com]>
wrote:If you are only doing short haul stuff or drops then you can just get one
of those el cheapo Chinese splicers with all included for less than a grand.

There really isn't a reason to not have a splicer in your tools set if you work
with fiber to any extent. You can still farm out the work or use pre-made
cables, but at least you have the option of doing it yourself. The option value
alone is worth the up front cost.

- Jared