Fiberrun,

We have a couple of inno splicers that we like.

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.Myakka.com

------

Monday, April 5, 2021, 10:46:59 AM, you wrote:

fmc> I've used a Signal Fire splicer, one of the series 7 models. It
fmc> works, but the app is a bit annoying. Haven't tried any other
fmc> Chinese vendors. Came in a case with tools.

fmc> It's fine for burning the occasional single.

fmc> http://www.signalfiresplicer.com/
fmc>

fmc> - Jared
fmc>
fmc>

fmc> Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021
fmc> From: "Josh Baird" <joshba...@gmail.com>
fmc> To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
fmc> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Splicer purchase

fmc> Jared,
fmc>
fmc> Any specific brands/models we should be looking for?
fmc> Thanks!
fmc>
fmc> Josh

fmc> On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 7:16 AM
fmc> <fiber...@mail.com[mailto:fiber...@mail.com]> wrote:If you are
fmc> only doing short haul stuff or drops then you can just get one of
fmc> those el cheapo Chinese splicers with all included for less than a grand.

fmc> There really isn't a reason to not have a splicer in your tools
fmc> set if you work with fiber to any extent. You can still farm out
fmc> the work or use pre-made cables, but at least you have the option
fmc> of doing it yourself. The option value alone is worth the up front cost.
fmc>

fmc> - Jared
fmc>
fmc>

fmc> Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021
fmc> From: "Steve Jones"
fmc> <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com[mailto:thatoneguyst...@gmail.com]>
fmc> To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group"
fmc> <af@af.afmug.com[mailto:af@af.afmug.com]>
fmc> Subject: [AFMUG] Splicer purchase

fmc> Since fusion splicers arent 5 figures anymore, how close to
fmc> becoming a standard shop tool are these.
fmc>
fmc> Depending on circumstances we will pay 20 to 70 per splice. In
fmc> it's own, relatively cheap, but then theres setup fees, trip charge, etc.
fmc>
fmc> I'm at a point where I dont see the process being much more tech
fmc> savvy than an rj45 with as dummy proof as splicers are now.
fmc> Probably actually less inclined for error with the machines doing all the
work.
fmc>
fmc> We bought 8 licences links, none of the premade cables were spot on, 2
were short.
fmc>
fmc> I'm just looking for any reason not to get one, but I really
fmc> dont see why splicing isnt something we arent doing in house.
fmc>
fmc> Techs break every tool they see being the only thing
fmc>  -- AF mailing list AF@af.afmug.com[mailto:AF@af.afmug.com]

fmc> --
fmc> AF mailing list
http://af.afmug.com/mailman/listinfo/af_af.afmug.com[http://af.afmug.com/mailman/listinfo/af_af.afmug.com]