I would also wrap the coupler in tape by the way.  I have no faith in O-rings.

On 4/26/2021 2:50 PM, Adam Moffett wrote:

https://www.showmecables.com/cat5e-cat6-waterproof-rj45-shielded-coupler?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyZmEBhCpARIsALIzmnIujm6Xd3on-bNEWhEAenZSKSr0MrU72LMPLOjQjXPQg4dGNe2c-U4aAulcEALw_wcB

That type.  Or a surge suppressor.

But honestly, 98% of the time I'd just as soon run a new cable.

On 4/26/2021 2:46 PM, Sam Lambie wrote:
My installers have been using telephone butt splices for years and they are rearing their ugly head in terms of failing over time due to water and UV damage, Even though they tape the connections okay. My question is this, if it isn't easy to outright replace the cable and a splice is faster/easier, is there a better product that can neatly splice 8 wires without looking like crap? And last a while? We aren't too concerned about 1000 base connections from our antenna. 100 base is fine.

*Sam Lambie*
Taosnet Wireless Tech.
575-758-7598 Office
www.Taosnet.com <http://www.newmex.com>