I spent years with in-house developers.  The product was never done.  It worked
but it required continual work.

From: Cameron Crum
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 4:38 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Intuit & Billing

If it is the same wisp I'm thinking of, they "are not married" to BillMax, but
it is what they started with and they have in house developers which makes
having a billing only system with a decent API not such a bad thing. You are
going to spend your money one way or another when it comes to your OSS systems.
You are either going to pay per sub for an all inclusive package, pay for each
tool (and employees) you need individually, or pay a developer to write your
own. It all depends on your preference and comfort level. All-in-one has all
your info tied together, a nice plus. If you have a bunch of employees who
don't mind the double, triple, or quadruple entry into  multiple systems,
that's great, you're helping the economy. If you have deep pockets and want a
custom tailored solution, then you get exactly what you are willing to pay for
providing you have the patience to wait for it and your dev doesn't get a
better offer half way through. There are trade-offs everywhere.