Not sure if this varies state to state, how do you bill for damage to underground facilities? A large contractor hit one of our marked underground lines twice in 4 days while putting in a new conduit.

Do you send them a simple invoice with a dollar amount, a fully itemized time/materials bill? We haven't had a hit of this scale before, so I'm not sure what they would be expecting. I'm guessing they deal with this on a daily basis, probably have a whole team to deal with claims. Just not sure what documentation/invoices we need to send them.

Can you bill for the time the customers were down, or purely for the repair?