Yep, drilling up a steep street.  Sometimes the bit gets too deep on you.  If
the hill is rising faster than you can steer up, you will go down.

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 1:05 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fiber optics crews

You were drilling 15' down?

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>On 7/27/2021 12:03 PM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:

  Paint goes both ways, the fiber crew needs to be painting white.  Same as
sharing a map.

  Water and sewer system frequently have no locate wires, so the locations are
WAGs.

  Sewer is normally deep enough not to be a factor.  But not always.  I just
recently had to fix a sewer lateral that we broke last fall.  We were drilling.
 We thought we smelled something but checked all the houses in the area and
nobody was having troubles.  Not until labor day weekend this year.  Went back,
15’ deep.  Trench boxes.  Teracotta pipe.  Put in a section of PVC with furnco
couplings.

  Not a fun day for anyone.