If they want a 4-hour repair SLA, make sure to charge them $2,000 a month
or some crazy high number, then make the credit like 5% of MRC for every 4
hours the service is down. So let's say a fiber cut takes 8 hours to
repair. That is only a 10% credit for the month or $200. If you fix it
between 4-7 hours, it's a $100 credit or 5%.

The more stringent the SLA, the higher the monthly service should cost.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 10:52 AM Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nobody promises 4 hour to *repair*.  Maybe 4 hours to have people
> actively on site and working on it, and probably phrased as 4 hour
> *response*.
>
> An SLA shouldn't frighten anyone.  It's not saying nothing bad will ever
> happen, it's just a written commitment to what you'll try to do for them
> and then a credit for them if you don't meet your commitment.
> My advice is write it to codify whatever your company would have done for
> them anyway.  If it's likely that your staff will respond within 4 hours
> then you don't need to be afraid to promise that.
>

> On 8/3/2021 11:24 AM, Mark - Myakka Technologies wrote:
>
> I  have  a  customer  that wants a SLA.  Believe it or not this is the
> first  time  in  10  years  we have been asked for a SLA.  Anyone have
> something they want to share.
>
> They  are  asking  for  a  time to repair of 4 hours which seems a bit
> excessive   to  me.   That will be fine during business hours, but I'm
> thinking that number may need to go up during non-business hours.
>
> If I'm giving them a SLA, I want to make sure their
> is  wording  about  how  much  they will be charged if we have to do a
> truck  roll  to  fix  one of their issues.  Like plugging their router
> back in the wall.
>
> On  the plus side, they are only 15 minutes from both my house and the
> office.  So, if the shit hits the fan, we can get someone there quickly.
>

> --
>
> Thanks,
>  Mark                          mailto:m...@mailmt.com <m...@mailmt.com>
>
> Myakka Communicationswww.Myakka.com