We've been getting the installer drill bits at the local big box store. The 1/4"x18" bit with the hole in the flute to hook the wire on and pull back. They are cheap, and have the lifespan to show. Drill a couple aluminum siding houses and it's time for a new one. I'm looking to get them higher quality ones. They seem hard to locate at other distributors. Am I calling them the wrong thing? I was searching for either 'bell hanger bit' or 'installer bit' I found some on Amazon, but they are probably about the same quality as the bigbox ones.

I found one at Grainer that is backordered several weeks, and I haven't found one at McMaster yet. Am I calling them the wrong thing?