Yeah, I have heard about this. VPNs using what is considered regular residential IPs are poisoning the well for everyone. Amazon and other streamers are just using the big hammer rather than finesse to shut them down. Actually they will never be able to totally shut them down.

-----Original Message----- From: Jan-GAMs
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 5:10 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] amazon problem

We're a small wisp and some of our customers just started to complain
about their Amazon Prime.

Anyone having trouble with amazon complaining about your ISP? I've got
customers telling me they can't connect to their amazon prime anymore.
This message shows up: "Your device is connected to the Internet using a
VPN or proxy service.  Please disable it and try again.  For more help,
go to amazon.com/pv-vpn."  Of course that is even more useless.