If I didn't diagnose it, I wouldn't have believed it. 1M SM fiber Patch cable installed in a rack between router and a switch. Link went down at exactly noon. Router had no link, switch showed link. Replaced both SFP's with no change. Reversed patch cable and link came up. Put back to original, no link. Threw that cable in the garbage and put in a new one. I have a camera looking at the front of this rack. Nothing moved when the link went down, I can see the link light turn off on the router when it failed.

I never would have believed a fiber patch cable would just up and fail with no external force.