correct

On 9/25/2021 2:53 AM, TJ Trout wrote:
depends if it's 10g or 1g/10g right?

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 10:17 PM Trey Scarborough <t...@3dsc.co <mailto:t...@3dsc.co>> wrote:

    No a SFP+ will power up and might even show RX of light, but never
    come up. It works the other way around to if you put a SFP in a
    SFP+ they will often come up and even show RX light at both ends
    but will not link up. If its not a dual rate 1/10G SFP+ that could
    cause issues. Some don't care, but many don't work too well if you
    try to run them at slower speeds.