From: "Nate Burke" <n...@blastcomm.com>
To: "Animal Farm" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2021 10:50:01 AM
Subject: [AFMUG] Fax Machines

I'm having trouble with one of my customers who insists on having a real
fax machine. I'm not convinced that it's not the Fax machine talking to
the ATA, so I was going to take another fax machine to their location to
test. From the Packet captures, it looks like the Fax machine does not
successfully negotiate the baud rate. I have several customers doing
faxing with ATA's and fax machines, the only difference with this
customer is that their ATA is off my network behind a Comcast connection.

My desktop laser multifunction is a fax machine, but it also weighs
about 80lb so I don't really want to lug it over. I figured I could
pickup a cheap inkjet printer for <$50 and it would fax, but it looks
like fax capability is now relegated to the $200+ machines. Which I
guess makes sense since nobody 'should' be faxing anymore.

Are there still cheap fax machines out there that I'm missing.