Interesting info.  Thanks.

It’s kind of semi internal 😊

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Daniel White
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2021 3:22 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cat6 cable certification

Did your client give you the requirements?  Is this for an RFP or for something
internal?

I would think that would guide you to the solution you need.  This knowledge
base article from Fluke goes over Verification, Qualification, and
Certification -
https://www.flukenetworks.com/knowledge-base/cableiq/verification-qualification-and-certification-cableiq

CableIQ I think mostly falls in the qualification category... not
certification.

Daniel White
Co-Founder

phone: +1 (702) 470-2770
direct: +1 (702) 470-2766

 <mailto:dmmoff...@gmail.com> dmmoff...@gmail.com

December 10, 2021 at 11:39

I’ve never had to certify cables.  Is there a type of test/report that
customers expect?

There’s a Fluke CableIQ for <$1500 that stores 250 test results.  That’s really
affordable but it doesn’t do the entire set of TIA-568 tests, but it does do
about 70% of the tests.  Is anybody going to complain?

If that’s not the right tool, then what should I be looking at?