There are companies that will rent a certification tester to you.

dmmoff...@gmail.com wrote:

Interesting info.  Thanks.

It’s kind of semi internal 😊

*From:*AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Daniel White
*Sent:* Friday, December 10, 2021 3:22 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Cat6 cable certification

Did your client give you the requirements? Is this for an RFP or for something internal?

I would think that would guide you to the solution you need. This knowledge base article from Fluke goes over Verification, Qualification, and Certification - https://www.flukenetworks.com/knowledge-base/cableiq/verification-qualification-and-certification-cableiq

CableIQ I think mostly falls in the qualification category... not certification.

Image removed by sender. photograph

*Daniel White
*Co-Founder

*phone:* +1 (702) 470-2770
*direct:*+1 (702) 470-2766

    dmmoff...@gmail.com <mailto:dmmoff...@gmail.com>

    December 10, 2021 at 11:39

    I’ve never had to certify cables.  Is there a type of test/report
    that customers expect?

There’s a Fluke CableIQ for <$1500 that stores 250 test results. That’s really affordable but it doesn’t do the entire set of
    TIA-568 tests, but it does do about 70% of the tests.  Is anybody
    going to complain?

    If that’s not the right tool, then what should I be looking at?

--
*Jay Weekley*
*Cyber Broadband

https://www.avg.com