There was an article in the paper this morning talking about how one of the Chicago suburbs just approved construction of it's 13th datacenter development. I though the demand for 'private' data center space would be going down since it seems that most companies are going with cloud services from major providers. And if a smaller outfit wanted a Rack of equipment, they'd host it themselves or find someplace local to do it, not some massive DC building miles from their office. Or do the big providers (Azure/google/AWS) actually host things in these private DC's instead of building their own space.

The previous under construction development in Elk Grove Village is a $1B 4 building DC facility, but I never saw any big name associated with it.