There's only one business loan writer at the "local" bank here (Wright Patt
Credit Union).  We went to baseball games, we'd talk when we walked past
each other, done several vehicle loans, had a line of credit for years
after it was supposed to have closed.

She went from $30k unsecured for a building loan to getting it rejected by
the committee.  She was clearly upset with them and was debating about
leaving them after the last ~18 months.  This was the middle of 2021 when
they had a huge hard on for PPP loans.  They didn't even want to lend money
to buy land and a building.

Even if you know them personally, there's some sort of stop gap.

Moral of the story, fiber building means Live Oak Bank and maybe CoBack in
the future as far as I'm concerned.