In some parts, yes. In most parts, it should be just fine.

There is a lot of bad faith arguments made on both sides.

One of the big bad faith claims is some pile of math based on how much
electrical demand there would be if everyone was fully regarding every day. Of
the people that I know (not a small list), the only ones that drive over 200
miles per day are UPS drivers. A few are in the 50 - 75 area. Most are under
25.

Yes, the California and Texas grids need help.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange