We set up a special van 404 for this.

Customers get assigned to this vlan for any reason that necessitates action
before being turned back on.

At the headend there is a tik set up on this vlan which gives a splash page
asking them to call the office.    It also gives them an option to pay
their bill through the (whitelisted) billing portal.