No DHCP Relay, just local DHCP Server on the mikrotik on the bridge that all the AP's are part of.

No MAC limit on the SM's

When it exhibits itself, a customer who has been running for weeks will timeout their lease, and the mikrotik will just go to 'offered' Rebooting the AP always fixes it.

On 3/8/2022 1:18 PM, dmmoff...@gmail.com wrote:

I was wondering about broadcast rate limit. That would apply to a DHCP discover, but not to a renewal. ….but either the MAC limit or broadcast limit would clear when rebooting the SM, and he says rebooting the SM has no effect.

Is DHCP running on the port that the AP is plugged into, or is there a DHCP relay involved?

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Josh Luthman
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 08, 2022 12:43 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] EPMP1000 and DHCP failures

Do you have the SM limited on MACs? Look at Ethernet Port Security on config > network.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 12:32 PM Nate Burke <n...@blastcomm.com <mailto:n...@blastcomm.com>> wrote:

    I've experienced this issue randomly, and haven't been able to track
    down a cause.  Wondering if anyone else has come across something
    similar.

    Mikrotik DHCP Server.  EPMP1000 GPS AP,  Force 300 SM.

    At a random time, one or More Force 300 SM's on the AP will lose the
    ability to hand out a DHCP Address to the client.  The Mikrotik just
    shows 'Offered'

    Rebooting or powercycling the SM has no effect.  If the SM
    Connects to a
    different sector, then DHCP is immediately handed out.  If the AP
    reboots, and the SM reconnects, then DHCP is immediately handed
    out.  If
    the SM is set for NAT mode, it can get a DHCP Address just fine, but
    switching back to bridge, the Customer router will not get DHCP.

    I've experienced this from 4.4.3 all the way up to 4.6.3. It always
    seems to be an EPMP1000 AP with a Foce300 SM, but does not affect
    every
    Force300 SM at the same time.

    At least now I know when I start having this problem to go reboot
    the AP.