The smart-UPS 3000 have 4x 12V 18-22AH batteries IIRC. I believe the only
way to get as much or more battery/runtime in the same space is to get a
tower 750XL/1000XL/1500XL, which have 2x of those same batteries, and the
tower expansion unit which has another 4x. So 6x batteries in all should
get you about 160% of the runtime of the non-battery SU3000 due to slower
discharge, but it's not rackmount so need a shelf.