From: Darin Steffl
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2022 3:11 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Cc: Chuck McCown
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] LENT

If you're not looking at the exterior with a microscope, you'll be VERY happy
with your M3 over the Leaf. It's faster, more range, bigger, and more fun. The
infotainment is awesome too.

Let us know your review of the car once you get it. Their charger network is
the largest in the world too so road trips are quite easy even with lower
range. You have the smaller battery in that model so charge time will be under
20 minutes to add 70-80% of the total capacity on each charge. You should not
charge to 100% unless you absolutely need that range to get to the next
charger. I recommend only charging to 80% on road trips to keep the charge
times down. Like any battery, the charge rate decreases the closer you get to
100%. It drops pretty quick after 80% so trips can be made faster if you charge
from 10% to 80% than if you charge from 40% to 100% for example.

For your daily charging at home, they recommend no more than 90% full to
maintain the range of your battery. If you charge more than that, plan on
driving the car within a couple hours so your car doesn't sit charged above 90%
for an extended period of time.

But if you ordered the RWD small battery version, I think you get the LFP
battery which means you can charge to 100% with no concerns about hurting the
battery. The link below will help you determine if you have the LFP battery. If
you do, you can charge to 100% at home but you do not need to do so on road
trips using superchargers because it takes too long to hit 100%. Just charge
until you have enough range to reach your next stop or destination. Also
download Plugshare and you can find Level 2 chargers all around the country
that aren't listed in the Tesla map. Many are free so you can find spots like
restaurants or hotels that offer free charging.

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_jo/GUID-7FE78D73-0A17-47C4-B21B-54F641FFAEF4.html