I installed an Accuenergy AcuRev 2100 on one of my panels. Used CT's based on the current of the breaker. You can SNMP it, so should be able to do general billing off it. Can do 18 channels. Read every minute, or 30 seconds, and log those.

It's a 3 phase unit, and I was retrofitting it into a panel that I didn't want to monitor every circuit in, so I ran into some issues where I didn't have the CT hooked up to the right Phase for monitoring when connecting it to the Accuenergy. The Current reading was right, but it Didn't display the other data for that circuit right like KW and KVA. Phase A CT connects to Inputs 1,4,7, Phase B on 2,5,8 etc