From: Josh Luthman
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 8:16 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Solar panel ice/snow buildup

Regardless of maintenance and upkeep, the thing I can see right up front would
be energy density.  How many propane semis are there?

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 10:14 AM <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

  I have noticed that large generators everywhere seem to all be diesel, and
it’s something I’ve often wondered about.  Propane can be stored for decades.
Diesel breaks down, gels, and grows algae.  So I’ve always gone with propane
and just got the oversized tank.  I can’t imagine a heater for the tank is that
huge of a problem (but I’ve never done it either).

  What is it that makes diesel more attractive for the larger generators?