If you’re going to put siding on later, then why not OSB and Tyvek?  You see
remodels in progress for multiple years with nothing but Tyvek protecting the
sheathing.  Or paint + Tyvek for the belt & suspenders approach.

From: dmmoff...@gmail.com <dmmoff...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2022 2:15 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Cc: 'Chuck McCown' <ch...@go-mtc.com>
Subject: RE: [AFMUG] OT Carpentry question

Sounds like a really tall carport.

We have a tower shelter that was done “temporarily” with OSB and exterior
paint.  It’s been “temporary” for 8 years waiting for someone to go back with
real siding.   The same paint is still holding up so far, but I don’t know what
the real longevity will be.  I’ve also seen a makeshift anti-climb shield done
with pressure treated plywood….that’s closer to 15 years old and hasn’t
disintegrated yet.  I’d bet that’ll cost 2x what OSB costs, but it’s definitely
going to last longer.

My old house was built in 1927 with balloon framing.  20’ and 24’ long 2x4
studs in the outer walls and still standing today.  It seems to be the general
opinion that this wouldn’t work today because our 2x4’s aren’t cut from old
growth timber anymore.  So I guess that means use 2x6’s 😊.

I’m not a carpenter though, I’m just a jackass with a hammer.