We provide it immediately, but we're probably hiring less entry level
people. Hasn't really been an issue, and it was a blocker previously.

We've tried to just standardize everything so we don't have to negotiate as
much, as it's just one less obstacle to deal with.

On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 9:34 AM Mark Radabaugh <m...@amplex.net> wrote:

> At least with our carrier the company has to select a waiting period - it
> can be 0 or some other value, but we can’t change it at will.   It has to
> be the same for all hires.
>
> It’s also a one month minimum, so if we pick 0 as the waiting period and
> we fire a guy on day 2 (or more likely he just doesn’t show up) not only do
> we eat the cost of all the paperwork involved in signing them up, we also
> give them health insurance for a month.   It’s possible to do a lot of
> damage to our claims record in a month.
>
> It’s cheaper for us to agree to pay the COBRA coverage fees for 90 days
> for a professional we want than to change the waiting period to 0 days.
> It’s something that we expect new hires to negotiate as part of the hiring
> process if they are concerned about it.
>
> Mark
>

> On May 15, 2023, at 12:12 PM, Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com> wrote:
>
> And I would expect that when hiring or being hired as an experienced pro.
> I wonder how many entry level burger flipping jobs come with insurance.
>
> I am sensitive to the needs of people with families.  We can offer it
> earlier if it is needed to seal a deal.

Simon Westlake | CTO
PGP Key <https://flowcrypt.com/pub/simon@sonar.software>