Could be done.  Just depends on how much dead zone there is on the leading edge
of the frame.

From: dmmoff...@gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 12:37 PM
To: ch...@go-mtc.com ; 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Subject: RE: [AFMUG] "Low pass" attenuator

In my imagination I picture something with microsecond response time that only
affects the signal from the stronger ONT.

If signal is stronger than -15 then reduce it by 5dB.

Maybe some kind of opto-electronic switch that directs light through two equal
length paths.  One path has the attenuator, and the signals from the strong ONT
take that path and recombine with the unattenuated path afterwards.  I suppose
it doesn’t exist and would cost a million dollars if it did.

We’ll see if the vendor can fix the sensitivity issue, and otherwise we’ll just
not buy that unit.

-Adam