I had read (here?) that at one time any paying Juniper support account
holder had access to all product firmware files, so some companies would
buy the cheapest Juniper product - like a switch under $1000 - and its
cheap support contract, from a standard Juniper supplier, so they could get
firmware updates for all their eBay-sourced gear.