Juniper has caught the "subscription required to use on an ongoing basis"
disease all big routing/switching companies seem to eventually catch.
 Plus HP is trying to acquire them.

The current used gear is probably usable but there seems to be some debate
how long this will last as far as any future software updates.

So... if you're happy with the functionality of current software,  they are
a solid option.   Just don't expect to be able to use the next generation
in a similar way.