In the infamous words of former jailbird Rod Blagojevich, "I've got this thing
and it's bleeping golden. I'm not just giving it up for bleeping nothing."----
Original Message ----From: "Chuck McCown via AF" Sent: 5/5/2024 6:04:13 PMTo:
"AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" Cc: chuck@go-mtc.comSubject: Re: [AFMUG]
DWDM/CWDM Magic

I remember the first IRU I got quoted.? It amounted to a figure equal
to building it ourselves.? My first time hearing the term IRU too.?

That was probably 25 years ago.?

?

From: dmmoff...@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2024 2:15 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'

Subject: Re: [AFMUG] DWDM/CWDM Magic
?

>From a non-profit middle-mile
provider we pay $42/month/fiber-mile for a lease.? Same company does a
20-year IRU for $1000/fiber-mile.? There?s a recurring maintenance fee on
the IRU, but it?s peanuts.?? I?m betting these prices are near the
floor.? I don?t believe there?s a ceiling.?
?

From: AF
<af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Zach
UnderwoodSent: Friday, May 03, 2024 11:28 PMTo: AnimalFarm
Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>Subject: Re: [AFMUG]
DWDM/CWDM Magic
?

We pay $700 per month for a pair of dark fiber about 6km
route from our data center to one of our sites both in downtown Atlanta from
zayo. We run 40gbps 10km optics.
?

On Fri, May 3, 2024, 11:04?PM Chris Fabien