SmarterBroadband
m...@sbbinc.net
530.272.4000

On 09/18/2014 06:46 PM, Aaron Schneider via Af wrote:
You are securely attached to your rocker and very comfortable.

That's pretty much how it will go but the dhcp server will provide the filename via option66 string within the url itself.

Another option would be radius profiles with config file url delivered via a VSA. Not sure that will get into first release. But we are working on it.

You are correct on ICC operation, once a non default CC config is in place, ICC will never be used on SM even if it is left enabled. But you can very easily set ICC to disabled in the config file.

Aaron

-------- Original message --------
From: "George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) via Af"
Date:09/18/2014 6:48 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Dear Cambium

I'm guessing it's going to work like this: 13.3 SM registers via ICC. It switches on DHCP and looks for Option 66. Then it contacts the HTTP/TFTP server with a request string like http://<server-IP>/$<ESN>.cfg just like it works with IP phones and things like that.

ICC doesn't do random stupid things anymore. That was with v11.1. Once the SM is configured with color codes other than CC1=0 and the reset zero and disabled, ICC is effectively disabled.

The second part is, if your default SM registered to my AP via ICC, I wouldn't have a config file for its ESN to send it. Well, maybe I could, but why.

I'm sure there's always a way for things to go wrong. But I need a much faster and automated way to do provisioning. I'd like to give the guys a basic template that they keep on their field PCs to load into new radios to set up things like default QoS, protocol filters, admin password, etc. RADIUS handles only basic stuff like QoS and VLAN.

Maybe I'm completely off my rocker here.....