But other than that, how did you like them...

From: Mike Hammett via Af
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:28 AM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Cambium Force 100 - Dysfunctional Rube Goldberg

Does anyone know why the Force 100 has not been recalled for being an
absolutely dreadful product? I think the designers of the Force 100 looked at
the NanoBridge and said how can we make this worse. *slow clap* Give them a
bonus for they succeeded. I bought 12 units because of an emergency and now I'm
not sure how far I'll be able to go as I surely won't be able to get the
required 10 units even assembled.

  1.. Why so much assembly?

  2.. I'm reminded of 2004 by the amount of coax that needs to be sealed.
Ubiquiti got it right with IP67 connectors and those little rubber boots on the
Rockets.
  3.. If we're sealing the coax on the radio, why the rubber boot and zip ties?
Surely they aren't more at risk than the N connectors on the antenna.

  4.. That feedhorn assembly is the worst! Does everything look stable? Yup.
Okay, screw in the set screws. Check. Everything look good? Feedhorn falls out.
WTF. Oh, apparently it wasn't all the way in. Try again. No. Try again. No. Try
again? Can't because by now the set screws are striped and I can't get them
out. I can't blame them for they should only be fastened once. Try another
unit. Nope, this feedhorn just won't go all the way in. Now I'm not certain
that the first two that actually went together are together correctly. Yes, I
separated the dish from the mount in an attempt to

  5.. I like the flexibility of the mount, but that is just a massive hunk of
steel and too complex for a CPE.
  6.. Is the idea of a simple clip like the Rocket too easy? Did someone need a
science project?

  7.. For the record, I have correctly assembled (on the first try) a few
Jirous dishes and they're a bear.
Can I drive them all up to Rolling Ghettos today and have you guys assemble
them for me? I need them actually operational by the AM.

http://www.ics-il.com