I hope you'll tell the list when the messages get sent so I can look for it.

Git r done.

Regards,
Chuck

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM, James Howard via Af <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

    Is the poll closed  yet?  If not, I’d like to vote “Yay” also
    which would seem to put the count at 2-0 in favor!

    *From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>] *On Behalf Of *CBB - Jay Fuller via Af
    *Sent:* Monday, September 29, 2014 8:24 PM
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] AFMUG list option being considered

    Yay

    ----- Reply message -----
    From: "Paul McCall via Af" <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>>
    To: "af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com
    <mailto:af@afmug.com>>
    Subject: [AFMUG] AFMUG list option being considered
    Date: Mon, Sep 29, 2014 8:20 PM

    Guys,

    As some of you are aware, PDMNet’s behind the scenes management of
    the AFMUG list as a service to Chuck McCown and his companies,
    involves hosting on an Amazon server.  Some very good things have
    come from that decision so far… no mail delivery issues (no server
    issues, no blacklisting or greylisting issues etc. to our
    knowledge).  The EC2 / SES platform is very robust, though overly
    complex at first blush.  A lot more time went to getting this
    setup that we anticipated, but that’s life.   It costs a little
    more to use this platform, (I know.. I know) but long term, I
    think we will be happy with it.

    One of the differences is the way the headers are handled.  Out of
    the box, Amazon required us to “munge” the headers in such a way
    that we could customize them to meet Amazon’s strict mass-emailing
    rules.  This causes some differences in the way the mail is
    delivered, causing a few of you who use a different type of
    threading than most of us, some grief.  We are way PAST the
    discussion about what is “right” etc.  Respectfully, lets move on
    from that “debate”.

    The only way that Amazon provides to do things in a more
    conventional email header fashion is to use their API.  We knew
    this was an option when we brought the list live, but also
    anticipated a bit of a learning curve.  And, indeed it was!

    We have gotten comfortable with the API and have been running it
    on our test Mailman list internally.  Basically the API allows us
    / requires us to process each AFMUG subscriber as an authenticated
    / confirmed email address.  Soooo…. In order to use the API, we
    need to authenticate all the current users of the list.   We can
    send a batch through the API to generate the confirmation email to
everyone, but before I did it, I wanted to give you a heads up. NEW subscribers will first join the mailman AFMUG group and once
    confirmed, will then get an Amazon confirmation immediately
    thereafter. Unsubscribing will also remove you from an
    authenticated user for the list.

    Assuming that we haven’t overlooked something (and, I am sure you
    guys will let me know that, LOL ) I would like to give a 48 hour
    notice that we will make the change, and you will get the Amazon
    email after that window.

    All in favor ?   All opposed?

    Paul McCall, Pres.

    PDMNet / Florida Broadband

    658 Old Dixie Highway

    Vero Beach, FL 32962

    772-564-6800 <tel:772-564-6800> office

    772-473-0352 <tel:772-473-0352> cell

    www.pdmnet.com <http://www.pdmnet.com/>

    pa...@pdmnet.net <mailto:pa...@pdmnet.net>

    *Total Control Panel*

    Login <https://asp.reflexion.net/login?domain=litewire.net>

    To: ja...@litewire.net

<https://asp.reflexion.net/address-properties?aID=242260993&domain=litewire.net>

    From:
    00000148c4289a8a-55eb447f-6dbb-485f-b178-9f956e87d322-000...@amazonses.com

<https://asp.reflexion.net/address-properties?aID=2650304992&domain=litewire.net>

    Message Score: 2

    High (60): Pass

    My Spam Blocking Level: High

    Medium (75): Pass

    Low (90): Pass

    Block

<https://asp.reflexion.net/FooterAction?ver=2&bl-sender-address=1&rID=242260993&aID=2650304992&domain=litewire.net>
    this sender / Block

<https://asp.reflexion.net/FooterAction?ver=2&ent=1&bl-sender-address=1&rID=242260993&aID=2650304992&domain=litewire.net>
    this sender enterprise-wide

    Block

<https://asp.reflexion.net/FooterAction?ver=2&bl-sender-domain=1&rID=242260993&aID=2650304992&domain=litewire.net>
    amazonses.com <http://amazonses.com> / Block

<https://asp.reflexion.net/FooterAction?ver=2&ent=1&bl-sender-domain=1&rID=242260993&aID=2650304992&domain=litewire.net>
    amazonses.com <http://amazonses.com> enterprise-wide

    /This message was delivered because the content filter score did
    not exceed your filter level./