SimpleDNS  works great  - 5+ years no issues -- SIMPLE

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Sean Heskett via Af
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 1:27 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] DNS server for guys who dont want to be gurus

BIND is your friend.

i'd also set iptables to only allow queries from your network.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM, That One Guy via Af
<af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:
Is there a good, simple package for locally hosted DNS Servers for people like
me who dont want to get too far into managing the linux at a granular level? we
are used to the webmin interface. It would be nice if it had the option to set
up client accounts for some clients to manage their own DNS but not view
others, but thats in no way a deal breaker

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts
you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them