On that note, we shouldn't allow companies like Microsoft, Apple,and Samsung to attend WISPA either, since they have stolen things in the past.

Isn't that pretty much how world-wide corporations work these days? I'm not support Huawei here, I think they are as bad as you say... just trying to prove a point.

Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com <http://www.spitwspots.com>

On 10/03/2014 10:37 AM, Rory Conaway via Af wrote:

Fruit from the poison tree. They basically laundered the technology long enough that they claim it’s now there.

They are working on the firmware for Vivint at this point creating a proprietary protocol for their system. So, given their history, their relationship and foundation in the Chinese military, their resources for reverse engineering, and their pension to steal patents, and the fact that the United States won’t let them become a cell operator in the country, I’d like to see them rejected from WISPA. We have a lot of manufactures as members that will now become targets. If I’m them, I’d be screaming to the rooftops to get rid of them. Personally, I’m very unhappy they were ever accepted. Once a thief, always a thief, regardless of how expensive your suit is.

Rory

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Mike Hammett via Af
*Sent:* Friday, October 03, 2014 8:52 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Huawei still at it

I know of the Cisco stuff. The whole world does. I was jokingly assuming that whatever new gadget Lewis was talking about was just ripped off from somebody else.

That said... I heard of them running some new 802.11 protocol in the lab and they're the first to do it. Maybe now everything is their own, but it's built on a foundation of theft.

http://www.ics-il.com