Monitoring Sync Events works. Had to wait 5 days for it to happen, but the counter increment corresponds to a loss of sync we had yesterday.

I found this in the AP event log (event of interest in blue):

   09/27/2014 : 07:24:19 PDT : : Bridge Core : Loss of sync pulse from
   Power Port! No other sync source available.
   09/27/2014 : 07:24:23 PDT : : Bridge Core : Acquired sync pulse from
   Power Port.
   10/02/2014 : 12:21:45 PDT : : Bridge Core : Loss of sync pulse from
   Power Port! No other sync source available.
   10/02/2014 : 12:21:51 PDT : : Bridge Core : Acquired sync pulse from
   Power Port.

We also monitor visible/tracked satellites on that SiteMonitor. Interestingly, the satellites tracked at about that time was 4 (see marked up graph below). I suppose it's possible that the tracked satellites went to zero one minute (or less) after the SNMP poll, but it seems rather weird.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the SiteMonitor only needed one satellite to maintain timing after it acquired a 3D fix?

bp