Never seen a defect with Belden 1300A/7919A or the Best-Tronics clone of it.
It ain’t cheap though.

From: Kurt Fankhauser via Af
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 10:32 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] WTF apex 9 cable defects

Been using APEX 9 cable for 3 years with no problems until the last year.
Earlier this year I unrolled some off a spool and the outer jacket was missing
in a spot, CTI sent me a new box and wanted the old one back, today found
another box with a HUGE section of outerjacket missing, obvious manufacturing
defect because the footage marking was printed on the foil shield! Opened
another box from the same pallet and immediately found another defect on that
roll that wasn't even off the spool yet.

I need to find another brand of cable, I CAN NOT be having these poor quality
control issues showing up on towers which is where this cable was being
installed today....

Kurt Fankhauser
Wavelinc Communications

P.O. Box 126