We dropped Apex a couple years ago. IMHO it's not good outdoor cable.  Switched
to shielded Shireen and haven't looked back.  In fact, knocking on wood now, we
think the Shireen has protected us from ESD.  We have not seen an AP OR SM
damaged if the site has Shireen installed.  We did see numerous issues with
Apex.  Thank you to the WISP members on the list who recommended it.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 8, 2014, at 1:07 AM, George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) via Af
> <af@afmug.com> wrote:
>
> I think I'm going to get some of the Shireen DC-1021 stuff to try. The
> Belden/Best-Tronics is good cable, but I hate that it doesn't have a rip
> cord. The Shireen stuff looks almost the same.. with a rip cord.
>
>> On 10/7/2014 11:32 PM, Ken Hohhof via Af wrote:
>> You can use the wooden reels as end tables or foot rests when they’re empty.

>>> tel. 419-562-6405