That's why I don't pay attention to efficiency % all that much. It is fragments received vs fragments expected. As far as packet loss, we've discussed that here before... that's the beauty of the Canopy scheduler and retransmission scheme. Retransmit the little 64-byte fragments instead of the entire frame like wifi. I would imagine at some % of retransmissions (whole lot of fragments in the frame are missing such that it cannot be reconstructed and/or not enough time to do so), it will back the modulation down to minimize retransmissions and the potential for entire frame loss.

I have seen a very, very nice improvement with 13.2 beta on SM links that are good in the power level and SNR departments, but the linktests weren't all that great / what you would expect. Some at say -67 with 25dB SNR would run about 50-55Mbps aggregate and now do 75-80+. I was seeing very bad multipath on a sector and the SMs would drop session frequently on 13.1.3. Loaded 13.2 beta and they have not dropped session even once. I think this is more due to the beacon now being on both polarities.