From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Gino Villarini via
Af
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:44 AM
To: <af@afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Pmp450 vs epmp pros vs cons

Good to point

Also, to some extent, sync will help you on a environment with lots of
noise from nonsynced operators

Gino A. Villarini

@gvillarini

On Oct 19, 2014, at 12:27 PM, Ken Hohhof via Af <af@afmug.com> wrote:

        I think one point Mike is missing is without the WISPs that use
GPS sync sharing frequencies, there wouldn't be enough spectrum for the
WISPs that don't.

        It's like someone disputing the value of carpooling because they
drive solo and don't experience traffic jams.  But is that because other
people carpool?

        You experience interference in a band with limited spectrum like
900. 2.4 or 3.65, and survey to find who all is using the band.  Some
you can coordinate sync with, others you can't.  So you call up the
WISPs you can sync with, coordinate your frequencies and timing, and let
the non-sync guy have a channel to himself.  Which convinces the
non-sync guy that the value of GPS sync is a myth.