Hearing the stations isone thing, but remember that's only around 20% or so of your network traffic. It's much more important that the stations have a better SNR to the APs thanthe other way around.

Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com <http://www.spitwspots.com>

On 10/19/2014 10:16 AM, Rory Conaway via Af wrote:

No argument but I don�t think the value statement is there, especially with Ubiquiti and ePMP. At the same time, 802.11ac, MU-MIMO, Beam-forming, and other features in next generation chipsets may change the design models we are now discussing. I�m just saying�� J

Rory

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Gino Villarini via Af
*Sent:* Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:44 AM
*To:* <af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Pmp450 vs epmp pros vs cons

Good to point

Also, to some extent, sync will help you on a environment with lots of noise from nonsynced operators

Gino A. Villarini

@gvillarini

On Oct 19, 2014, at 12:27 PM, Ken Hohhof via Af <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

    I think one point Mike is missing is without the WISPs that use
    GPS sync sharing frequencies, there wouldn�t be enough spectrum
    for the WISPs that don�t.

    It�s like someone disputing the value of carpooling because they
    drive solo and don�t experience traffic jams.  But is that because
    other people carpool?

    You experience interference in a band with limited spectrum like
900. 2.4 or 3.65, and survey to find who all is using the band. Some you can coordinate sync with, others you can�t. So you call
    up the WISPs you can sync with, coordinate your frequencies and
    timing, and let the non-sync guy have a channel to himself.  Which
    convinces the non-sync guy that the value of GPS sync is a myth.