We use spark, http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/
its pretty easy to setup
you can have it monitor a notification email address so it blasts a set of
users if there is an issue, we had it set up to notify Customer service
Staff if there was a device on the network that went down
It has SIP client
>From the boss perspective its nice because you can log all communications
You can even cobble realtime chat into your webserver for customers to talk
to staff

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you