We’re using Openfire here as well. As far as clients, any XMMP client is
compatible, we use Spark.

Chris Wright
Velociter Wireless<http://www.velociter.net/>

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Charles Boening via Af
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 7:51 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] private company Instant Messaging

We use Openfire<http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/index.jsp> and
the JAJC<http://jajc.jrudevels.org/> (Just Another Jabber Client) as the client.

We have Openfire integrated with our AD domain.  JAJC is automatically deployed
(copied, no install required) to new clients via login scripts.  JAJC
automatically logs-in when it launches.

The JAJC client is pretty simple overall and works decent.  We’ve thought about
moving either to Trillian’s hosted product or licensing their product for
in-house use.  It’s just hard to justify replacing something that’s working.

Charlie

Charles Boening
Network Manager
800-858-2399 | Office
charl...@calore.net<mailto:charl...@calore.net>

www.cot.net<http://www.cot.net/> | Find us on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cal-Ore/205066716227707>
Cal-Ore  | Real. Local. Trusted. Professional.