We've been slowly replacing bulbs all over the house with LEDs. We have the "globe" style of bulbs in a couple of the bathrooms. The LED versions are much nicer; better colors, instant on, and they should last the rest of my life.

We also recently replaced a couple of recessed florescent fixtures in the kitchen with six recessed (can-type) LED lights. The flourescents always gave the kitchen a kind of "green" tinge, and the combined power consumption was ~~ 160 watts. With the LEDs the color is more "human", the combined power consumption is ~~ 54 watts (6 * 9 watts), total light output seems to be twice what we had before, they come on "right now", AND we can now dim the lights for even lower power consumption.

We've replaced the florescent lights (in the kitchen) at least twice in the years we've lived here, and I expect the LEDs will go the duration.

Our outdoor lights are also slowly switching over.  Way less power.

bp