Unplug it/plug it back in is cheaper than putting in an on/off switch (or re-init switch).

bp

On 11/4/2014 1:46 PM, Adam Moffett via Af wrote:
I'd be happy to share in that job.

My big beef with our brave new world is that you have to reboot everything.

Microwave display is screwed up....unplug it and plug it back in.
Washing machine digital display is not responding.....unplug it and plug it back in.
DVD Player frozen.....unplug it and plug it back in.
Dodge Intrepid won't shift gears......turn it off and turn it back on.

These are all true stories.

The internet of things will be a network of crap that doesn't work unless you reboot it regularly. When they are up, the "things" will all be participating in a botnet.

finally someone took over Doug's job of letting us all know the sky is falling!?!?

hip hip hooray...long live Ken the prognosticator!