From: Josh Reynolds via Af
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 4:15 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] dc-dc step up / power supply

Well, here's a question...

If one of those dies in-line, will it fry my SAF POE? :)

Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com

On 11/07/2014 01:10 PM, Ken Hohhof via Af wrote:

  The RSD-200B-48 will definitely work, but it’s not DIN rail.

  The TL 060-124 DC is DIN rail, and I don’t see why you couldn’t stack its
output on top of your existing +24 to get +48.  I haven’t actually done it
though.  The input/output isolation spec is 1500V so you wouldn’t be violating
any specs.  The wiring might confuse somebody working on the equipment later.
I have used the TL 060-124 DC a bunch of places, like to get regulated 24V (for
fussy devices) from battery 24V, or to down convert 48V to 24V.  It’s useful in
enough situations that you can stock a few and not feel it’s an odd item you
will never use again.