That sort of sounds like it might work. Half the current on each 24V supply. I bet if one of them failed, the output would go to zero because of the isolation.

bp
<part-15@SkylineBroadbandService>

On 11/7/2014 2:01 PM, Ken Hohhof via Af wrote:
+24 to +48?  or +24 to –48?
Dumb question, if it’s +24 to +48, would it be kosher to use a 24V to 24V converter with isolated input/output and connect the negative output terminal to +24 so they are in series? Seems like this would improve efficiency and cut the power requirement in half, so that a 60W Traco should be adequate.
http://www.alliedelec.com/images/products/datasheets/bm/Traco/70062693.pdf
*From:* George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) via Af <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Sent:* Friday, November 07, 2014 3:50 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] dc-dc step up / power supply
I would not use the SD. Get an RSD instead.

On 11/7/2014 3:46 PM, Ty Featherling via Af wrote:
24V - 48V DC/DC converter 200WSD-200B-48Meanwell
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_1953911_-1
This is from my parts list. More than you are asking for and about $80 but I bet you can look at others in that series to find a better fit.
-Ty