That's very helpful!

Can someone from Cambium answer what the max transmit power is for ePMP in
5150-5250? specifically, for two eForce 100 in a point-to-point configuration.
________________________________
From: Af [af-boun...@afmug.com] on behalf of Bruce Collins via Af [af@afmug.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:06 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 5.1 PMP rules

The short answer is that PTP 650 does support 5.15 GHz.

To access 5.15GHz you will need to be on release 01-21 and then go to the
support website to add 5.1GHz license key (no charge).  Because of the
out-of-band emissions requirements there are automatic backoffs in power on the
band edges of the 5.15GHz channels.   Below are all the details on the
implementation of 5.15GHz FCC band on the PTP 650.

Regards,
Bruce

Product Manager
Cambium Networks

1.       The grant covers the PTP 650, PTP 650S and PTP 650L

2.       The band is only applicable to FCC radios used in the U.S. and U.S.
territories.

3.       Existing customers will need to go the license manager page on the
support website to update their license key adding 5.15 GHz (at no charge)

4.       The UNII-1 band officially covers 5.15 GHz to 5.25 GHz at a maximum of
53dBm EIRP and does not required DFS for radar avoidance.  HOWEVER, it does
have very stringent out-of-band emissions requirements which make the maximum
EIRP unlikely to be met by any commercial products.

5.       The out of band emissions requirements and the fact that UNII-1 band
is adjacent to the 5.2GHz band that does require radar avoidance means that
each product approved under UNII-1 will have different capabilities.
LINKPlanner has been updated to take these rules into account if you plan a
link in the UNII-1 band with the PTP 650.

6.       The PTP 650 supports the following EIRP levels dependent on channel
bandwidth.  G stands for the gain of the antenna with maximum antenna gain of
23dBi.

a.       5MHz:   33 – G dBm  (so for example, with the integrated 23dBm antenna
the max tx power is 33dBm – 23dBi = 10dBm)

b.      10MHz: 31 – G dBm

c.       15MHz: 37 – G dBm

d.      20MHz: 36 – G dBm

e.      30MHz: 35 – G dBm

f.        40MHz: 30 – G dBm

g.       45MHz: 30 – G dBm

7.       Further there are band edge back-offs shown below:

8.
Channel Bandwidth

Channel Frequency

Backoff