Yeah, I can't stress enough how nice the primary, secondary, tertiary color
code system is - moving away from a single color code system was worth the
time involved.  Even if you put each ap in a sector in as a "primary"
(which we do for self-install/contractor installs), it'll still look for
the better of the available ap's and lock to that - essentially doing
exactly what your script is.  Our tech's who know the area will put only
the sector they know should be primary as such and the rest as secondary.
There's even the option for it to intelligently move to the sector that
will provide the most throughput.  I don't know how it picks that, but I
presume it's to avoid crowding to one sector, which I like.  If another
sector isn't as heavily loaded, but the signal is only a little bit worse,
a bit of smart balancing that way could be nice.  I've never followed up to
see if that's how it actually works in the real world, but we set it that
way anyway.

-Steve D